TRAVEL NEWS — In a win for West Coast business travelers, Alaska and American Airlines announced on Thursday they are expanding their partnership. Alaska Airlines seeks to become a full member of the oneworld® alliance which includes 13 global airlines. Once approved, this will provide customers with more choices than ever, to include over 1,200 destinations worldwide.
- Service from Seattle to Bangalore, India (October 2020).
- Service from Seattle to London Heathrow (March 2021).
- Domestic codeshare, which provides customers with hassle-free booking and travel between the two networks. The codeshare will expand to include international routes from Los Angeles and Seattle.
- Alaska and American loyalty members will enjoy benefits across both airlines including:
- The ability to earn and use miles on both airlines’ full networks
- Elite status reciprocity
- Lounge access: fifty American Admirals Club lounges worldwide and seven Alaska Lounges in the U.S
“Alaska has always been proud to serve Seattle, the city that we call home. We’re thrilled to give our guests more choice, broader use of loyalty benefits, and seamless global service with American and oneworld,” said Ben Minicucci, president of Alaska Airlines. “Additionally, international service to global business and tech hubs Heathrow and Bangalore is a tremendous win for the growing Seattle region and the West Coast.”American Airlines Press Release
Being able to earn and redeem miles on both airlines is a huge win for mileage members. Seattle is a major hub for Alaska Airlines, and this new expansion will offer great options for many West Coast business travelers.
To stay up-to-date on the latest travel news, follow us on LinkedIn.
If you would like to find out how CTI Business Travel can help your company save on travel, follow this link: Contact us.