TRAVEL NEWS — Marriott International President and CEO, Arne Sorenson, sent out an email detailing how the company is addressing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic concerns for staff, guests and Bonvoy members.
Here is a breakdown of the details
Details provided by Marriott
- Marriott is staying up-to-date and following the recommendations provided by the World Heath Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and local health agencies.
- Individual guests with existing reservations (including pre-paid) will be able to cancel or change their reservations up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the cancelation or change is made by April 30, 2020.
- New individual reservations made between today and April 30, 2020, may be canceled or changed up to 24 hours before arrival.
- Cleaning Procedures and Education:
- Hand Hygiene: Encouragement of proper and frequent hand washing.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Marriott International has launched an internal communications hub with the latest news and information associates can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19. In addition, Marriott’s corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Loyalty Program Flexibility
- Marriott Rewards Points expiration extended to August 31, 2020
- Suite night awards expiration of December 31, 2020, extended 1 year or December 31, 2021
- Free Night Award for credit card holders expiring 2020 extended for use until January 31, 2021
Check Marriott website for latest updates.
To stay up-to-date on the latest travel news, follow us on LinkedIn.
If you would like to find out how CTI Business Travel can help your company save on travel, follow this link: Contact us.